Forums » City Breaks

, "Learning from Coach Meyer.

• October 12, 2018 6:29 AM +04

Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Thomas-Lemar-Jersey/ .com) - James van Riemsdyk finished with a goal and an assist to lead the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 4-1 victory over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. Peter Holland, Phil Kessel and Mike Santorelli also scored and Dion Phaneuf and Nazem Kadri each supplied two assists for Toronto, which has won four of its last five games. Jonathan Bernier made 31 saves in his ninth consecutive start. Markus Granlund potted Calgarys lone goal and Jonas Hiller stopped 25 shots in defeat. After Johnny Gaudreau made a gorgeous deke around a defender and was stopped by Bernier, Toronto embarked on the counter-attack. David Clarkson tipped Joffrey Lupuls pass in tight and Holland was there to tap the puck past Hiller for the games first goal midway through the opening stanza. Toronto cashed in on the power play as van Riemsdyk was parked in front of Hiller and redirected Kadris dish from the right circle into the back of the net for a 2-0 game 2:51 into the second period. Granlund crashed the net and wristed a shot past Bernier on the power play for Calgarys only goal 3:48 into the final frame. The Flames pressured with their netminder pulled, but Kessel and Santorelli both scored empty-net goals with under a minute to play to seal the win. Game Notes Calgary forward Mason Raymond, who played for Toronto last season, fired three shots on net in his return to the lineup after missing 18 games with a shoulder injury ... The Maple Leafs improved to 12-0-0 when scoring first ... The two teams will conclude the season series in Calgary on March 13. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Filipe-Luis-Jersey/ ;. The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Lucas-Hernandez-Jersey/ ;. The matchup will be made up in Minnesota at a later date. The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Braxton Miller still has a lot he wants to get done at Ohio State. Thats why the junior announced Thursday night hell return for his senior season. The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder, a two-time Big Ten MVP, had been contemplating jumping into the NFL draft a year early. "I want to help this team win a Big Ten championship next year," Miller said in a statement issued through the university. "Plus, I want to improve as a quarterback in all aspects of my game. Im looking forward to working for another year with (coach Urban) Meyer and (quarterbacks coach and offensive co-ordinator Tom) Herman. And I want to graduate, so this will help get me closer to my academic goal." An acclaimed recruit out of Springfield, Ohio, Miller has started for almost three full seasons. After taking over during a 6-7 season in 2012, under Meyer he led the Buckeyes to a school-record 24 consecutive wins before losses in the Big Ten championship game to Michigan State and Orange Bowl to Clemson. "He has been an extremely valuable member of our team," Meyer said in the statement. "His desire to lead our team to a championship, to earn his degree from The Ohio State University next spring and to continue to improve as a quarterback are his motivation." Even though Miller missed almost three full games with a sprained knee in 2013, he passed for 2,094 yards and 24 touchdowns with seven interceptions and ran for 1,0068 yards and 12 scores. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Stefan-Savic-Jersey/. Had he left, it would have been a crippling blow to the Buckeyes. The only scholarship quarterbacks a season ago were freshman J.T. Barrett and redshirt freshman Cardale Jones. Ohio State loses four senior offensive linemen, Millers top passing target (wide receiver Corey Brown) and the teams leading rusher (Carlos Hyde). Late last season, he was asked if he felt he was ready to play in the NFL. "Oh, yeah. Of course. Yeah. Definitely," he said. "Its just another step in life." Asked what he would gain from returning for a senior season, Miller said, "Learning from Coach Meyer. Hes one of the best in the game. So just learn from him. Get better at my craft, I feel like. And graduate, too." He had said last week at the Orange Bowl that he intended to return, but the decision was delayed for several days while he met with his family, friends and coaches. Miller was ninth in the Heisman Trophy balloting this past season and fifth the year before. Several school records are within his grasp next season. He needs 2,256 passing yards to top Art Schlichters total of 7,547; with six more touchdown passes he will surpass Bobby Hoyings Ohio State total of 57; and he can pass Schlichters marks for touchdowns accounted for (85) and total offence (8,850) with just two more TDs and only 505 more yards, respectively. Miller began spring semester classes on Thursday. Cheap Colombia Jerseys Cheap England Jerseys Cheap Spain Jerseys Cheap France Jerseys Cheap Belgium Jerseys Cheap Argentina Jerseys Cheap Portugal Jerseys Cheap Brazil JerseysWholesale Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Belgium Jerseys Wholesale Mexico Jerseys Wholesale Portugal JerseysWholesale Germany Jerseys Wholesale Brazil Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap England Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys ' ' '